Friday, December 22, 2017

Homily for 22 Dec 2017

22 Dec 2017

“My heart exalts in the Lord, my Savior.”  As we talked about last Sunday, this is the song of the Bride of Christ, the Church.  And we hear it today in Scripture from both Hannah and our Blessed Mother.  “My heart exalts in the Lord, my Savior.”

It’s at the heart of our church year… It’s the basis of our hope in this season of Advent.  It’s the cause of our joy in Christmas.  It’s the song we renew every season of Lent.  And it’s our great longing at Easter: to be with the Lord in resurrected life, singing forever, “My heart exalts in the Lord, my Savior.”

And, no matter what comes our way in life, that song within us is what carries us through.  From death to life, through darkness to light, from anxiety to peace, from hurt to forgiveness…”My heart exalts in the Lord, my Savior.”  That song is at the center of our lives as Catholics, as neighbors and friends, as the Church in the world.

May God make that song always fresh within us; may we always and forever exalt in the Lord, our Savior, our Rising Sun through endless days.

No comments:

Post a Comment