Friday, May 12, 2017

Homily for 12 May 2017

12 May 2017

Our God keeps his word; he fulfills his promises.  Of course, he does it in his own time and in his own way.  Nonetheless, he fulfills his promises.  And Scripture is full of examples, the biggest one being the death and resurrection of Jesus, and the coming of the Messiah.  The Lord does what he says he’s going to do.  And so, we know we can trust him.

Jesus says, “I will come back again and take you to myself, so that where I am you also may be.”  And that place is “his Father’s house,” where there are “many dwelling places.”  Jesus also says, “I will be with you always, until the end of the age.”  He also says, “Whoever eats my Flesh and drinks my Blood has eternal life."

God offers some pretty amazing promises.  But, as Jesus says, “Do not let your hearts be troubled, have faith in me.”  And we do.  We know we can trust him because our God keeps his word; he fulfills his promises.  And that is truly good news.  

No comments:

Post a Comment